|MSDS Downloads for Tile Doctor Products|
It’s worth noting that I don’t just cover Tile, Stone and Grout, the equipment I use works equally well cleaning all types of hard floors including Patios, Vinyl and industrial flooring. An example of this being a request to clean the floors at an office farm near Saffron Walden which is a lovely medieval market town north of Stansted Airport.
Inspecting Farm Office Flooring
It was an incredibly muddy area with lots of tractors and lorries in the yard and poor drainage. As you can imagine all that mud and dirt was regularly being walked into the office and they were struggling to keep it clean. The main issue was that the floor was covered in a specialist textured surface which increases grip and significantly reduces the chance of anyone slipping.
Manufactured by a company called Altro this product is known as “Safety Flooring” and given then environment I’m sure it was well specified. The downside of a textured surface however is that it traps dirt and once trapped it can be difficult to shift with conventional cleaning methods and equipment.
Deep Cleaning an Altro Safety Floor
The first thing we did was to break out a set of brushes and vacuums in an effort to remove as much dry soil as possible. Once this was done the floor was wetted with a medium dilution of Tile doctor Pro-clean, this product is a great degreaser and after a short time the soil started to lift out of the non-slip textured surface.
After a dwell time of about ten minutes the Pro-Clean was worked into the floor with a black scrubbing pad fitted to a rotary buffer machine. The machine was run evenly over the floor at a slow speed to reduce splashing. The cleaning solution had turned black at this stage with all the dirt that was being released from the flooring. Once this had been carried out we rinsed the entire floor using our truck mounted cleaning system which is a very efficient machine that applies clean water under pressure to rinse the floor whilst simultaneously extracting the soil back to a recovery tank on the vehicle.
The truck mounted system utilises a powerful vacuum to extracts a lot of the moisture from the floor but to ensure the floor was completely dry we left drying equipment in place to ensure a quick turn-around for the company.
- Renovating a Terrazzo Floor at a Company Reception in Oldbury, Birmingham
- Out of Hours Office Toilet Tile Grout Cleaning Milton Keynes
- Renovating Shower Cubicles at Maidenhead Retirement Home
- Postcode Lottery Building Floor Renovated in Edinburgh
- Assisting Cleaning Contractor to Restore a Terracotta Tiled Floor for Amersham Council
- Deep Cleaning Filthy Bathroom Tiles for Greater Manchester Landlord
- Property Investor Relies on Tile Doctor to Maximise Investment in Lancashire
- Renovating an Old Edwardian Office Floor in Newark
- Deep Cleaning 45 Student Shower Cubicles in Oldham
- Maintaining Slate Flooring at a busy Gastropub in Leamington Spa
- Annual Quarry Tile Maintenance at a Northants School
- Restoring a Period Victorian Hallway at a Bude Bed and Breakfast
- Restoring the Washington Hotel Restaurant Floor in Llandudno
- Large Grout Restoration Project at Manchester HQ
- Restoring Victorian Floor Tiles in a Surrey Cafe
- End of Tenancy Bathroom Tile Refresh
- Refreshing Eight Self Catering Cottage Bathrooms in Ireland
- Refinishing Polished Limestone at a Bedforshire Office
- Old Worcester Kitchen Farmhouse Floor Refurbished