|MSDS Downloads for Tile Doctor Products|
Earlier in the year we were contacted by the facilities manager of one of the student apartment blocks in Oldham which provides accommodation for the students of Oldham University. They were looking for a firm to revamp the student en-suite bathrooms during the summer recess. The building has 270 apartments and we had been asked to quote for the renewal of the ceramic tile and grout of around 45 shower cubicles (possibly more) which were judged to be in a bad state and beyond the ability of their in-house cleaning team.
The University runs degree courses from Accounting to Sports Coaching and as you can image Students are not known for their cleanliness so we knew we would have our work cut out completing the assignment on time.
Several companies competing for the work however after successfully demonstrating what we can do with a patch test in one of the bathrooms and comparing of quotes I’m pleased to say the facilities company awarded us the contract!
Tile and Grout Cleaning
We returned in the summer and facing a time limit to complete the work we worked out a system whereby we would spray the Tile and Grout down with Tile Doctor Duo-Clean, let it soak in for about ten minutes and then scrubbed it in by hand with a stiff brush. Duo Clean is an effective double action grout cleaner and mould remover that can remove mould and blackspot from grout and silicone. It’s really useful for cleaning shower tiles as the spay attachment mixes the product with air as its spayed onto the surface allowing it to stick to vertical surfaces more easily. Once the tile and grout was clean it was rinsed off with water and stubborn areas re-treated until clean.
Duo Clean is effective at dealing with Mould on Silicone in most situations however some of the silicon sealant was beyond cleaning so in these cases the old Silicone was stripped out and replaced with new.
We were able to clean all the shower tile and grout using this process however I had brought a long a few Grout Colouring kits as a back-up solution just in case. Once the grout is clean the colourant is painted on using a small brush and makes a huge difference to the look of a shower. There also inexpensive and provide a barrier over the grout so it keeps its appearance for longer.
There were a lot of bathrooms to cover so once the cubicle was spotless we immediately moved onto the next one completing the whole project three days ahead of the due date.
The facilities manager was delighted with results and timing of our work and it just goes to show that using the right cleaning products can save you time and money compared to the alternative of re-grouting.
Source: Tile and Grout Cleaning and Restoration Service in Lancashire
- Maintaining Slate Flooring at a busy Gastropub in Leamington Spa
- Annual Quarry Tile Maintenance at a Northants School
- Restoring a Period Victorian Hallway at a Bude Bed and Breakfast
- Restoring the Washington Hotel Restaurant Floor in Llandudno
- Large Grout Restoration Project at Manchester HQ
- Restoring Victorian Floor Tiles in a Surrey Cafe
- End of Tenancy Bathroom Tile Refresh
- Refreshing Eight Self Catering Cottage Bathrooms in Ireland
- Refinishing Polished Limestone at a Bedforshire Office
- Old Worcester Kitchen Farmhouse Floor Refurbished
- Refinishing Kitchen Floor Tiles at a Yeovil Public House
- Dull Marble Bar Top Rejuvenated at Manchester Club
- Edwardian Hotel Marble Floor Restoration
- Restoring Terrazzo Floor in a Surrey Church
- Tiled Floor Restoration at 13th Century Church
- Resolving Water Stained Safety Flooring
- Tile Doctor Acid Gel
- Restoring Old Victorian Tiles at a Public House
- Cleaning Anti-Slip Ceramic Tiles at a Car Dealership